I’m always trying to make my meals in under 60minutes because you know, life is not only about slaving away in the kitchen. This is one of my all time faves and yes it is meatless. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Butternut and Chickpea stew
1\4 chopped onion
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp chicken spice
1\2 tsp cinnamon
1\2 tsp ginger
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
1 Tin of chickpeas
1 cup chopped butternut (raw)
1 tin tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
1. Heat oil in a pot and add chopped onion, garlic and half of the coriander. Fry until fragrant.
2. Add chicken spice, cinnamon,ginger and fry 1 minute extra
3. Add 1\2 cup water and add butternut and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on pot.
4. Add chickpeas, tomato paste and other half of coriander and cook for 10-15 minutes more with lid on.
5. Add 1 tsp sugar (or more according to taste) and allow to simmer 5 minutes.
6. Dish up and enjoy.
This meal can be served with rice or couscous.
Best enjoyed with a green side salad.